Mason Fire Department
Mason Fire Department - Chief Kerry Minshall
The Mason Fire Department, established in
1867, operates two stations in the City:
Fire Station #1, the main facility, is
located immediately west of City Hall at 221
West Ash Street. Fire Station #2 is located
at 615 Curtis Street toward the north end of
town. Station #1 is a new facility,
dedicated in November of 1998, and
rededicated and renamed to the James M.
Pelton Fire Station #1 in July of 2002,
after the tragic death of our Fire Chief Jim
Pelton in a vehicle crash on August 10,
2001. Station #1 has a total of 12,403
square feet on three floors, including 6,400
square feet of apparatus bay area.
The department is active in providing fire safety materials and training to children of the region. To that end, the department conducts an annual fire department open house, conducts regular tours of station #1, and also maintains a fire safety trailer used as a regional asset to educate children on fire safety and what to do if in a fire situation.
221 West Ash Street Business: 517.244.9025