The stormwater system drains directly into the Sycamore Creek with no treatment, meaning whatever enters the storm sewer system, enters the Sycamore Creek. We can help protect the Sycamore Creek by doing the following:
- Check your sump pump and roof drain connections. Sump pumps and roof drains should NOT be connected to the Sanitary Sewer System. A sump pump’s discharge should flow into a storm sewer connection, a catch basin, a street curb, or on a grassy area in your lawn.
- Keep storm sewer catch basins near your home clear from trash, debris, sticks, and leaves.
- Wash your vehicles in a grassy area not in your driveway or street.
- Do not dump anything onto the streets, your driveway, or in the catch basins.
- Repair vehicle leaks. Any oil or antifreeze that is on the street, in the parking lot, or on your driveway is washed into the storm water system and goes directly to the receiving waters (Sycamore Creek).
- Use lawn fertilizers, pesticides, and herbicides sparingly.
- Report any unauthorized dumping.
- Dispose of pet waste in the trash.
Greater Lansing Regional Committee for Stormwater Management
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Search for file name:
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category